It’s a Polar Dash with a Splash! Break a sweat jaunting throughout the woods in Wisconsin Rapids. Or, participate in the Freezin' for a Reason Snowshoe Run/Walk in lieu of plunging!
- February 3, 2018
- 9:00 a.m. – Snowshoe Walk/Run Check-in
- 10:00 a.m. – Snowshoe Walk/Run Begins (Mile long trail, Special Olympics will not be including snowshoes)
- Choose to run or walk the 1 mile trail only, or amp it up with the unbelievable experience of participating in the snowshoe event then taking the Polar Plunge!
- $20 for the run only or $90 for the best of both worlds.
- Just like the Polar Plunge, raise donations to cover your registration fee and earn rock-star prizes for raising additional donations. You rock star you.
- Even if you are just participating in the snowshoe event, snowshoers are encouraged to register as part of a Polar Plunge team. The team can be through work, school or just your besties. You are all supporting Special Olympics in your own way it’s more fun as part of a team.
Prizes & Fancy Extras
- All participants receive a Freezin’ for a Reason Snowshoe Long Sleeve shirt.
- FREE Freezin’ for a Reason stocking cap for anyone who receives matching gifts from employers.
- Rehydrate and refuel after the race in the Entertainment Tent. Enjoy the sight of thrill seekers dashing and splashing in wacky costumes!
Things to Bring!
- Registration form (if the you did not register online).
- Cash and check donations made payable to Special Olympics Wisconsin.
- Corporate matching gift forms to receive your free hat.
- Snowshoes (Special Olympics will not be providing snowshoes)