As much as we hate to go a year without Wisconsin's premier winter experience, the safety of our communities is our number one priority. Although things will look a little different, we're confident you'll have a blast with our social distancing-friendly adventure options in 2021!
COVID-19 Safety Measures for The Great Outdoors experience
All guests, staff and volunteers will be required to follow state and local COVID safety protocols that include wearing masks and remaining 6 feet apart from other guests not in your household (this will be strictly enforced).
All guests, staff and volunteers must also follow all venue-specific safety protocols in addition to these SOWI protocols. Please see your specific Great Outdoors adventure for more information.
- Online registration required (no day-of, in-person registration will be allowed this year)
- Checks/credit cards preferred (cash will be discouraged)
- Guests need to register online one week prior to the event in order to receive a t-shirt day-of (all other items will be distributed via the online store)
- One person per team will be required to check in and collect/distribute incentive and other Plunge items
- Fundraising will remain open for one week after the event to allow folks to turn in their money (staff will determine incentive levels and send promo codes that can be used in the online store)
- During the Sledding/Tubing/Snowshoeing Experience
- Participants will go through in “waves” providing enough time for participants to sled with space between sledders (we will also adhere to state and local gathering size restrictions)
- Incentives and souvenirs (other than t-shirts) will be ordered/delivered through an online store (promo codes will be provided to participants for incentives based on fundraising levels)
- If there are concessions they will be available in “grab and go” format in which prepackaged boxes are available
- Unfortunately we won’t be able to have “mingling opportunities” this year (hot tubs, bands, concessions [other than grab and go])
COVID-19 Safety Measures for the Chillin’ at Home experience
Participants are encouraged to do the DIY Plunge with members of their household to maximize safety.
If you do choose to participate with people from outside your household, we ask you to follow state and local COVID safety protocols that include wearing masks and remaining 6 feet apart.