When you check-in for the Polar Plunge, you will choose from available Plunge times for your team. If you would like an early Plunge time it is recommended that you attend an Early Check-In Event.
When checking in for the Polar Plunge you must bring the following items:
- Registration form & Signed 2019 Polar Plunge Waiver (if you did not register online)
- Cash and check donations (each team member must have raised a minimum of $75)
- Any Employer Matching Gift Form to receive your FREE Polar Plunge hat
Early Check-In Events
Avoid the long lines on Plunge day and check-in early! Didn’t register online? No problem; you can also register at these early sites. Bring all collected pledges, sign up a plunge team and collect your earned incentives. Important…Only one team member needs to attend an Early Event Check-In, but they must bring the following for each team member: registration form (if the individual did not register online) and cash and check donations (each team member must have raised a minimum of $75).
- Wednesday, February 27, 4:00pm – 6:30pm – Task Karate, 1100 Kane Street, La Crosse
- Thursday, February 28, 10:30am – 1:00pm – Tomah High School, 901 Lincoln Avenue, Tomah
- Thursday, February 28, 4:00pm – 7:00pm – Culvers, Highway 16, Onalaska
- This Culvers will be hosting a Share Night in conjunction with our Early Event Check-In. A portion of all food sales during the Check-In time will benefit Special Olympics Wisconsin. By the way, Thursday’s Flavor of the Day… Mint Explosion.
- Friday, March 1, 10:00am – 2:00pm – Myrick Park Center, 789 Myrick Park Dr, La Crosse
- Friday, March 1, 10:00am – 7:00pm – Black River Beach Neighborhood Center, 1433 Rose Street, La Crosse (Event Check-In extended due to cancellation of events at Pettibone Beach on Friday night.)
Day of Event Check-In
If you did not attend an Early Check-In Event, you must check-in inside the Registration Tent. You will need to bring all of items listed above.
Parking and Shuttles
Parking in Pettibone Park is extremely limited! Please consider riding a free shuttle to Pettibone Beach. Shuttles will be available from UWL Lot C7 on La Crosse Street by the Rec Center and downtown from the corner of State Street and 3rd Street (by John’s Bar) . Shuttles will run continuously during the event and are free for everyone – Plungers, Volunteers and Spectators. Not only will you get dropped off right by the beach, but all riders will receive a free gift. For times, please see front page.
Don’t see the information you’re looking for? Try our FAQ page.