This year, it’s super important that you participate in the Polar Plunge--our athletes need you! So, if the in-person Polar Plunge isn't for you, try a DIY Plunge by Chillin' at Home. The rules are simple: Stay home, get cold, be safe and don’t forget to snap a selfie or record a vid!
You can complete your at-home Plunge whenever and however you like! Creativity is key — and don’t forget to share your Plunge with us!
Here are some ideas to you get started!
- Add a bucket of ice water to your favorite TikTok dance
- Take the Plunge into a bathtub full of ice
- Take a kiddie pool Plunge in your backyard
- Dump an iced beverage from your favorite coffee shop on your head
- Swimsuit snow angels
- Winter water balloon fight
- Take the Plunge over Zoom or FaceTime with your besties
- Your best idea here!
PLEASE BE RESPONSIBLE AND SAFE WITH YOUR AT-HOME PLUNGE! The traditional Polar Plunge is safe in large part because we have a professional dive team in the water and emergency responders on site. Do NOT attempt to jump into a lake, river or any other body of water for the Virtual Plunge. Do not do anything that could physically harm yourself or others. Special Olympics Wisconsin is not responsible for any injuries that occur while participating in the Virtual Plunge.