It’s a Polar Dash with a Splash! Break a sweat jaunting across Oshkosh before you plunge. Or, participate in the Freezin' for a Reason 5k in lieu of plunging!
- Choose to run the 5K only, or amp it up with the unbelievable experience of running the 5K then taking the Polar Plunge!
- $30 for the run only or $100 for the best of both worlds.
- Just like the Polar Plunge, raise donations to cover your registration fee and earn rock-star prizes for raising additional donations. You rock star you.
- Even if you are just running the 5K, runners are encouraged to register as part of a Polar Plunge team. The team can be through work, school or just your besties. You are all supporting Special Olympics in your own way it’s more fun as part of a team.
Prizes & Fancy Extras
- All participants receive a Freezin’ for a Reason 5K T-shirt, goodie bag and refreshments. Because everybody likes a goodie bag.
- FREE Freezin’ for a Reason stocking cap for anyone who receives matching gifts from employers.
- Rehydrate and refuel after the race in the Entertainment Tent. Enjoy the sight of thrill seekers dashing and splashing in wacky costumes!
- Speaking of wacky costumes, we hear runners who plunge – or plungers who run – have hands down the best costumes. (hint, hint)
Things to Bring!
- Registration form (if the you did not register online).
- Cash and check donations made payable to Special Olympics Wisconsin.
- Corporate matching gift forms to receive your free hat.