Are you a member of one of Wisconsin's amazing law enforcement agencies? Then get ready to freeze your badge off! As Polar Plunge VIPs, local law enforcement teams are invited to take the Plunge and compete against fellow law enforcement personnel from across the state in our Law Enforcement Challenge. Last year, more than 40 law enforcement agencies from across the state took to the icy waters across Wisconsin, raising more than $83,000 to support the athletes of Special Olympics Wisconsin!
Forming your Team & Fundraising
- Grab your co-workers, family members, and even the chief and form a team. Your team can be 2 or 200…the size is up to you!
- Too Chicken to Plunge? Not everyone needs to Plunge…employees can register as Too Chicken and still raise donations and be a member of your team! Chickens have a blast at the event and are a great cheerleaders!
- Team members can raise donations online or cash/check. Your team can get creative and hold a fundraiser to raise donations. Ask a local business to support your team or sell $1 icons to raise additional funds.
Prizes for Top Teams
Faceoff against agencies from across Wisconsin to see which police department, DOC institution, sheriff’s department, etc. are Wisconsin’s true Winter Warriors. We will award prizes the following categories:
- Top Fundraising Police or Sheriff’s Department Team
- Top Fundraising DOC Team
- Top Fundraising University Police Department Team
The top team in each category will be recognized at our State Summer Games in June 2020 and will be invited to select one team member to help carry in the Flame of Hope during the Opening Ceremony.
The top fundraising team in each Special Olympics Wisconsin region will receive a plaque to display their Polar Plunge success and commitment to SOWI athletes.
2019 Top Law Enforcement Teams
- Wood County Sheriff’s Department – $8,588 (Police/Sheriff team winner)
- Red Granite Correctional Inst. – $7,546 (DOC winner)
- CCI – $6,565
- Fox Lake Correctional Institution – $5,912
- Western Technical College LE Academy – $3,875 (University winner)
- Dane County Sheriff’s Office – $3,507
- Wisconsin Rapids PD – $3,209
- Kenosha PD – $3,080
- Waupun Correctional Institution – $2,865
- Kenosha County Sheriff’s Office – $2,850